Blue in The Face

    

Graveyard winds were always our song.

I mourned in a sea of dissolved absolutes, made up names, and faith I borrowed.

Faith was my reward as I layed my life down on railroad tracks going nowhere.

Not to a future that is now here, and the ruins that I assumed responsibility for are now the homes for those who helped erect them. Take this note as you go to trails, and dead ends unknown corpses are what you remember, and fleeting memories that you've tied to posts in the catacombs of your mind. 

Whisper softly as we are side eyed phantoms from ex lives we will never propagate. In the bedsides I have taken trying to sleep through the days holding out for substance I have written you epic tales of despair from the atomic, and subatomic withdrawals from those times I thought I was real. 

New skin smooth against the night life, and in the daylight where the burden soaked through from carrying you in a literal uphill sprint, only to watch the weight of infamy dissolve into blue hues and formless as it descends in an instant. I have layed dead on the floor many a time only to reach this peak as we dissolve into specters of lights as you fall like snow.

      Faces illuminate against the neon bars, picture me, and then you keep watching as the blue, turns to pink, then we sink into the night, no crashing or burning. 
The page turns, and I have already forgotten your name.


Comments

Popular Posts