Love Comes Close


 Love came close, and insists on taking me.
Alone in the dark I feel their voices pulsate around me. 
Dying alone in public, the public sings along.
I am the public, as God divine his innocence reverberates near, far, in all time.
Oh, paradise will you wait for me? Your promises shake the walls of death, even my own.
Agony, and Irony circle me like crows that stalk these self inflicted gallows, constructed by blood, sweat, and years on the run. They mock me, and they mock him all grace from thee.
Thick mud erects this grave, on a hill dreaming of the sea, clean sheets, as we die alone now.
Trust has never been developed in the form of a son of man. 
As love comes close, chooses to spare me.
Love comes close, chooses to take me.
The gates they unlock, and wash away the knives that have bled me.
Love comes close, and paradise awaits me.
(Selah)

Comments

Popular Posts