The Gravity of Grammar


Sitting with backs to open doors with
the lies I told that connected and joined the dots
Allowing safer passage from head to heart
The truth opens itself with razors for teeth as the heartaches send black lights
across the space and time as I bled out from having the time of my life.
Confessions allow me to come up for air as the dirt I covered my body with falls 
Starting over and over coming back from my own losses 
Blending the paint, covering the boy with shades of shame in the back drop where wolves don't bite, or burn their names with lit cigarettes
The pluralistic rhetoric creates enough distance to slip into the valleys low
Masks that blur the lines allowing the misses show that I'm really fixed
Flat lines, and misses connections belly up and wasted formerly shaking off the hot smell of embalmed lives we could have taken.
The better parts of possibility intoxicate the brain, and deliver a bigger space of dioramas  and canvas where we can endless play house endlessly at the starting line.
Admission to the guilt the doors close
All the trees shed the familiar 
The houses board up
The pain numbs
The waves crest and we can sleep the long drive home

 

Comments

Popular Posts