Dazzling Promises of Summers Too Soon


Please tell me your name
This is our second attempt to leave town.
Night after night star lights flare the fire in eyes set on forever.
It's you that chased me
It's you that braves me
Promise keepers with candles in hand
Along for the ride where the roads wait for the ride of full sails that deep dive into the time we have.
Can you stay with me for the ride?
Keep my hand in anchored in fashioned nails neon against your lips time after time.
Starlight made up of just one girl.
Illumination of the brightest eyes houses of deep drinks of blue.
Ferris wheels brim the horizon of worlds of board walks we carefully step into the swirls and safety of light and life we once only dreamed of in shared diaries kept on the asphalt we layed on under the canopy of heavenly hosts.
Sparks of innocence chipping away
The melting pot of young minds.
Finding the right ways to be right with second chances of forever gambling with only the time we have.
It's me that carries you
It's me that buries you in the sands of diaries that turn over fertile grounds in the catacombs of the mind.
Familiar love of being enough of the night.
Being enough for the whole ride
Having nothing to give but the crevices of a heart still alive full of times, seconds, and shelter from the storms we only dreamed that we had.
Being a pillar in the rough to always fight for love that was a light show worth never giving up.
Promising that it's all I ever want.
Floating face down in the tides keeping me a shore.
Painting the magic on the walls of what has always been enough.
And never giving up.

 

Comments

Popular Posts