Flickers of Daytime Choirs


Radio drifts on in jet pack summers
Frothing daylights as clouds carry us along to who we someday should be.
Vapor trails of youth swell in the midday's where I only dream I could still talk to you.
One day you would lose yourself and struggle to find the time to find me.
Dancing cords of the every times of what we wanted.
Swing in the soft breeze of life where we inhaled the future for the firsts and the last times where we would pick up and eventually be.
Belonging in the scenery the easiest places to hold on and to be free to feel the faintest tethers of where I thought but only I could see.
Waves of light the pastel colors you painted me.
Full of truth the shimmers of sun light catch on the corners of smiles too bright for me to still see.
You always knew we were alive as long that torches we set could be free.
You always knew how to find me in the pursuit of waves of first dawn's light but I was always apart of the general scenery.
Freeways opened up in the cool of the morning fun
Anticipation thickens in the scent of the pine.
Sweet scents of the world behind us lighting up the corners of loneliness
Just until you find me.
Always keeping the hope afloat of you finding me.
Instantly there one step ahead, but three behind is where I will be.
Taken by the beat and the intimacy that is still foreign broken into sign language so cryptic and binding.
The rush of adrenaline kicks back a bit
The hands raised in the swaying breeze.
Mid day sweat glistens still to color me a deeper shade of golden to stand out for the mountain top climbers to meet me as the main character still waiting to crest the waves sent to carry me home wherever you decide to take me. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts